Friday, September 27, 2013

I Love This Work!!!

I just wanted to start off by saying how much I love my family, friends, and my ward family. You have all been supportive and shown me such kindness. I always can feel of your love and prayers and am so thankful for that.

This week I thought was going to be a little easier…and of course it wasn't. Funny how the Lord knows exactly what we need and what trials we need to go through so that we can learn. 

We now have only 8 sisters including myself in our zone. We haven't received any new sisters for the past 3 weeks. I think it is because school has started up.

Sister Hansen has been assigned as Sister Training Leader with myself. Everyone in our district jokes around that we have a "power companionship". She has been awesome and has helped me so much already. I feel as if we are the "mothers" of our district. All the Elders come to talk to us and share their experiences throughout the day. And then we visit the sisters every night and check up on them to make sure that all is well with them and their companions.

We have had to deal with a lot of impatience and sisters and Elders getting offended by certain remarks. I think it is because we are getting close to our time ending here at the MTC and we have become like family and there has been a lot of bickering. It is so awesome how fast I have come to love and care for the Elders and Sisters in my District. I definitely am going to miss them as there are some that are going to the Juiz-Jeffora and Belo Horizonte missions.

We have a tradition now here called P-eve. It’s the eve of P-day. Sister Hansen and I have brought snacks for the district on the night of P-eve and we celebrate. Last night we had Poppin' P-eve and bought popcorn and Pop Rocks from the bookstore for everyone.

This week we probably had the best devotional ever. It was so inspiring and motivational yet again. It's funny how all the talks here are mainly about the same things teaching by the Holy Ghost, being a better missionary, and obedience, but I keep learning something new or am motivated to be even more obedient after each time.

The devotional speaker was Don R. Clarke of the Seventy. It was the best and I want to share so much. He talked about sharing the gospel to our families and to encourage us to share what we are reading in the Book of Mormon. Our stake president has given us a challenge to read the Book of Mormon in the 6 weeks that we are here. So I am in Helaman and will be reading that book this week. During your scripture study if you could read in Helaman and share with me what you have learnt or how the scriptures has affected your week I would really appreciate it. I love hearing everyone’s spiritual experiences and it definitely strengthens my testimony as well. 

One story that I really liked was about a group of missionaries in the Salt Lake Airport. They were waiting and were talking in a group when he went in the middle of them and sent them in opposite directions to talk to people. I realized that I need to keep this in mind. Here at the MTC we are in a little bubble but I need to realize that I can still be a missionary here and I need to especially be a missionary when I step off these grounds. I can't be shy or hang out in a crowd anymore. I am expected to be a missionary and I want to be a missionary. I am expected to be friendly and go out and talk to others and "invite others to Christ". I am excited but nervous for the time when I will be able to go out and serve in the field! As Grandpa HoChing would say, we need to OYM (Open Your Mouth).

A quote that my branch president shared with our district is encouragement to "BE A LEGEND!" I have found this very motivational and have kept this in mind because if I want to be a legend I have to be obedient, use my time wisely, think and act like a missionary, and go out of my way to be the best that I can and continue to improve upon myself daily. 

I love this work. I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. I love you all. 

BE A LEGEND!

Love, 


Sister Loo
Part of our district on our Sunday Temple Walk.
Elder Christensen, you can guess who he is...
Continues to make us laugh at every moment of the day.
Sister Ames also going to my mission. She is the sweetest!
Sisters in our district
I love getting Dear Elders! Do you think I have enough? :)
My companions said that I was making it rain with Dear Elders.
My companion can't get away from me.
She decided that she wanted to sleep on the floor
 next to me instead of on the top bunk... ;) 
One with Sister Brotherson.
The STL that helped me out so much!
Sister Hansen decided to try on my hair.
They were very impressed by the "fro" 
We just love each other! Best companion ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment