Friday, September 13, 2013

Awkward...Surprising...and the power of Prayer!

This week has gone by so fast! I can't believe that it has already been two weeks! Thank you all for your support and letters. :)

So first funny thing... Got hit on by my teacher in the MTC…Don't know if I'm supposed to be sharing this? But it was awkward and funny at the same time. I think it was a harmless comment but most of my district was laughing. Don't worry there's no feelings on this end from me. Definitely focused on my mission!

My companion and I are doing well and are teaching our second investigator, who is our teacher playing the role of one of his investigators on his mission. We are now teaching 30-minute lessons in Portuguese. Sometimes I say the wrong thing or completely forget what I'm supposed to say, but I am learning and trying to stay confident. All I know is that when my companion and I bear our testimony in Portuguese that I can feel the spirit so strong. It is amazing.

This last Sunday I was assigned as Sister Training Leader for my zone. It came as quite a surprise to me since I had only been here for a week when the branch president called me in for an interview. The other Sister Training Leader has been here for 4 weeks so she has been showing me what to do. Basically it means a lot of training meetings on Sunday and then conducting orientation on Wednesday nights for the new missionaries coming in to the MTC. I also make sure that all the sisters are okay, and every night I visit half of the sister’s residents to get updates, help with companionship problems, share a spiritual thought, and really just talk and get to know the sisters.

Of course my first day as an STL was overwhelming as a sister in my district got sick and has also been struggling with gaining the desire to stay here and serve a mission. It seems the case with a couple of the sisters this week and it makes me sad. I have never felt the Spirit so strongly this last week and have never prayed more in my life for strength to be patient and strength for the sisters in my zone. I have comforted sisters with words that I knew did not come from me but from their Heavenly Father. Right now they are all doing well, getting more and more confident with the language, and persevering through this hard phase in the MTC. I hope that I will continue to be able to feel of my Heavenly Fathers love and continue to help the sisters out in the best way that I can. I am thankful for the amount of patience he has already given me and the capacity to get all the things done that I need to. I know it wouldn't be possible without him.

I love the picture below of Sister Loo (Aunty Kehau). She keeps me company everyday and a desire and love for this mission. Thank you for being such a great example to me!

This week my message is on prayer. I had a definite "aha" moment the other day. I realized how much I always want people to clearly communicate to me but yet I have been failing to communicate with the one person I should be and sharing everything with. So it got me to question, "Am I giving the same kind of communication I am expecting from others to my Heavenly Father?" So I have been trying to talk to my Heavenly Father as much as possible. And now with this new assignment I realize why I needed to learn this lesson. I find myself praying all day and it has helped me so much. It's no wonder that I have been able to feel the spirit so strongly. Now why didn't I learn this lesson earlier? :)

Love you all! This is the best experience ever.


Sister Loo

I pass by this at least 3-5 times a day as it is in the hallway where I walk to the cafeteria, to church, and to other classes. It's so nice to be able to see a member of the family each day! She keeps me company and I can feel of her and our families spirit! This is one of the reasons why I'm not homesick because I get to see a member of the family each day! How lucky am I! So happy that I can see her picture at the MTC!

Classic companionship workouts. Sister Hansen is awesome and is keeping me in shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment