Thursday, September 12, 2013

Ooops...  Some excerpts we missed and failed to add from last weeks letter.  We cannot wait to hear from Sister Loo tomorrow!

... It has been such a busy schedule here at the MTC, I've hardly a chance to breathe.

One of the best experiences was on Sunday when my companion and I saw the re-broadcast of Elder Bednar's talk "Characters of Christ".  If any of you can see it or read his talk, I would recommend it.  It gave me so much motivation and inspiration to move forward this week.  He talks about how Christ turns outward to look at peoples good qualities and with love and devotion.  While we look inward with selfishness and pride.  We need to be more like Christ and turn outward.  That has been Sister Hansen and my motto lately.

Another good point of the talk is the difference between testimony and conversion.  Testimony is what we know by the Spirit, while conversion is consistently being true to what you know.  We need to be truly converted.

I have been amazed at how much we talk about conversion and obedience.  As I shared, there is a lot of "grey" area at the MTC that is left to each of us to seek obedience.  They aren't strict on enforcing the dress code and there is usually only a supervisor for 3-6 hours of the day.  So, as missionaries, we are able to exercise a lot of self-discipline to get the most out of our time and take advantage.

There are so many missionaries here that don't follow strict obedience and it makes me sad.  There are so many blessings from being obedient.  It is sometimes really hard to be strictly obedient but it is so worth it.

During out Sunday mission conference, I heard this quote:

Obedience is the price
Faith is the power
The Spirit is key
Christ is the reason
Love is the motive
Joy is the reward

This mission is the best and it is so awesome how many of us there are now.  It is truly incredible.  I love you all and appreciate all of your support.  It is what keeps me going.  Thank you for all the Love.

...Love, Sister Loo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment