Sunday, September 1, 2013

Provo MTC...Mission Life Day 1

Dear Family-

Just had a moment and opportunity to be able to write you on my first night at the MTC.  I made it / we made it through! :) First off it has been really great so far.  It is crazy how you just start classes right away.  I got my badge and almost cried, I don't know if it was because I was already emotional.  I then went into language classes and learned a few short phrases.  Afterwards came devotionals, orientation, welcomes from the MTC president, and a mock teaching discussion.  Needless to say I am very tired and it has been a long day.  But, it definitely is worth it!  The spirit is so strong here and everyone is so nice and welcoming.

My companion is Sister Hanson.  She is from Iowa and is 25.  She is very relaxed and excited to serve.  We get along well and I already really appreciate her and like her a lot.  It is different having someone with you at all times but I'll have to slowly get used to it.

My P-day is on Friday so I wont be able to write or email again until next week Friday.  So not for another week and a half, but know that I am doing awesome and haven't cried yet since leaving the car.  Just know that I love you all and miss you a lot already.  It was so nice to see and have everyone there at the temple and drop me off at the MTC.  This is going to be a wonderful opportunity and is going to be so challenging, but it is going to be good for me and I look forward to the learning and experiences ahead.

Love you so much
Sister Loo

P.S.  Already forgot stuff so could someone please send

  • a couple of Ziploc's to put my wash rags in when wet
  • some bath soap gel or body wash
  • a couple of t-shirts.  I can't wear the tight workout ones I brought (I'll let you know if I need this)
  • my Cadbury chocolate!
Sorry for the inconvenience!

Oct 07 BRA-SPIN
2009 N 900 E
Unit 123

2 comments:

  1. I can get this if someone lets me know what Cadbury chocolate is her favorite! -Peni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I LOVE that you attached a wishlist

    ReplyDelete