Friday, October 4, 2013

Houston...We (don't) have a problem!

Checked the mail about every hour yesterday waiting for my reassignment. 
Then another district got theirs last night and it was closed. 
Woke up about 4 times last night because I couldn't sleep.
Got to the travel office this morning said we had to wait an hour. 
An hour later got my reassignment to... HOUSTON TEXAS MISSION
I think my patience was tested just a little bit. :)

I was so excited as you can tell to get my reassignment because I can't wait to get out into the field and teach. I think I was more excited for this call then for my original call. Our whole district was outside the mail area screaming and shouting. I'm going with another Elder in my district who is from Salem, Oregon and my companion Sister Hansen! I think that's what I was most excited about was the fact that I get to stay with my companion and we are going to the same mission. 

Because of reassignments this week I knew I wouldn't be able to focus and so I made it a goal to read my scriptures any time I thought I would get distracted, was distracted, or the people around me were distracted. This happened a lot and so I finished the Book of Mormon ahead of schedule. :)

I have learned so much this week about the language and the gospel. I am sad to leave the spirit that is here being around so many missionaries but excited for the adventures to come. To be able to go out, find, and teach is really exciting. 

I have heard so many great quotes this week and so I just want to leave you with a few: 

"The greatest hell is when what you could have been meets yourself." - Irmao Williams my teacher

"We should not do anything that we would not permit our children to do." -President Monson

"Be your FIRST convert." - Elder Holland

"If you lower your expectations, your effectiveness will decrease."

"Fear and Faith cannot exist in the same mind at the same time." - Joseph Smith.  I love this quote and think that it is so true and something that I will keep in mind over this next week because if I have faith and my Heavenly Father has faith in me to be a missionary and invite others to Christ, I need not fear and open my mouth and share the gospel message with everyone.

"There should be a light shining in your eyes because of the fire burning in your soul." - Elder Baxter of the Seventy

"I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ." - Romans 1:16

One thing I realized this week is how many opportunities I missed out on being a missionary. This is the most important thing in my life and I have failed to share it with those that I love. I realize that it can be hard and intimidating to talk to family or friends about the gospel because of fear of rejection. But, it is their choice and imagine how happy you and they will be if they accept it. All you have to do is invite, ask, or share a simple message.Keep this in mind this week and I invite you to think of someone in your life that would benefit from the gospel and invite, ask, or share a simple message. If you don't feel like doing it yourself I'm sure the missionaries in your ward would love referrals.  

I leave on Wednesday to Houston and I am jumping up and down I am so excited.
Being on a mission is the greatest.

"Be a LEGEND."

Love,


Sister Loo
All the missionaries in my District going to HOUSTON!
Last week P-day at the temple.  Love that we get to go there.
I look forward to going every P-day.
The other sisters in our branch. They are the cutest.
I have loved being a STL just so that I can get to know them.
Temple Walk with some of the district
Laundry at 6:30 but it's PDAY so we don't care!
My district with the Branch President and his wife
Sister Hansen and I blocking in sand volleyball

After Sand Volleyball in the rain...

No comments:

Post a Comment