Monday, February 16, 2015

ummm.... Last Week? Are you sure? :)

The Good Shepherd
I gave my first talk in Spanish yesterday with a recently reactivated member who gave his first talk as well! His non-member wife came to support him as well as 3 other less active members who came to our Spanish group. This group is continuing to open up doors. I think we have had most of our members come to church in the last 3 weeks as a result of it. Now we just need to get them all there at the same time.

We had a ton of people in Spanish School school as even more members from the English ward came to support, even some who are trying to learn Spanish now as a result of the group starting! I can just see this small group becoming a branch soon!

I decided to base my talk on Elder Eduardo Gavarett's talk in the last general conference about Following the Good Shepherd, our Savior Jesus Christ. I kept it very simple and Hermana DeLaO helped me out with making sure my grammar and sentence structure was correct. Overall it was a good meeting and fun to give my first talk in Spanish.

I really like John 10:14- He really does know us individually and he will always be there for us! 

 14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

And then in verse 27 it talks about how the sheep (us) know him and follow him! I think that if we truly knew Jesus Christ we would follow immediately without hesitation. And so that made me think, "Do I know the Good Shepherd? And, Would I immediately follow him in everything he would ask of me?" 

 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

I know that as we follow him that we will see many great blessings. And as Elder Gavarett said in his talk, "As you strive to come to Him, you will gain the power to relieve life’s burdens, whether physical or spiritual, and experience a positive inner change that will help you be happier." 

I know this to be true! I have seen it in my life and in the lives of others. As we come unto Him and apply the Atonement in our lives, we will see that beautiful change occur. The eternal happiness we feel as a result is difficult to describe but it is worth it. Have you felt this? What are you willing to do to feel this happiness again? I promise, He is always there. He loves you. He knows you. 

Love Y'all!

Hermana Loo
Rockaletta Candies! Yumm! 
Visiting Jo Ann

Sister DeLaO loves cheescake and has never been to the Cheesecake Factory so I just had to treat her on the way back to Huntsville from zone conference! I miss that place! 
Helping with the Quincinera of Alexia Ruiz. It was insane and crazy all for a 15th birthday. It was almost like a wedding complete with live band, dinner, chocolate fountain, DJ, photobooth, and more. It was crazy! But so fun to be able to help and go to! 






With Elder Spragg from the MTC- He decided to stay in Texas too.
Last Zone Conference!!! Crazy!


Meet our new "best friend" TIWI or the black box as it is called. It tracks our speed, stopping too fast, if we have our seatbelt on or not, if we swerve too fast, or if our car catches "air". haha. It's the freakiest voice, "Check your speed" which I may have gotten a lot of. I'm having to watch my driving and I accidentally went over a bump too fast and I got an "aggressive driving" on my record. Whoops. Thank goodness I only have to be with it for a couple of days more. 

When we were together there was a joke that I knew she would get married before me and so I would shop for her and buy her all the baby clothes and then she would pass them down to me... so I found this cute little onsie but I didn't think I was going to have to start this soon! :)



Sister Sara Huber or soon to be Sara Cuttler came to visit me in Huntsville with Danielle Ramirez so that I could get all the "deets" on her engagement! Congratulations! I'm so happy for her and she is so happy! 
Jennifer Rudolph came to visit and gave me the cutest Texas straw! Everythings Texas here. 
Also, passing down skirts to Krystin who is leaving on February 25th to the California Ventura mission

No comments:

Post a Comment