Monday, February 9, 2015

Daily Miracles!

I love to See the Temple
Yesterday we went with Gabby Vasquez to a Temple Grounds Tour of the Houston Texas Temple. The spirit was so strong and there were over 200 people in attendance. She LOVED the temple and it was a great opportunity to be able to bear testimony of eternal families. She was so interested in the concept of having temple sealings, that our families can be together forever and extends beyond death.

She wants to be an architect and so she took a ton of pictures of the grounds. She said that she would love to be able to to help build a temple someday. She wants to bring her family next time and can't wait to be able to go in. After the tour she said, "I just know I'm going to have a good week this week. It's just going to be so good because of this." It was a really sweet experience and we were able to set a goal for her to be baptized on October 25th a year from her original date that we extended this last year and her grandma said no and that she needed to spend more time in the church. I think a year is enough! I'm so excited for her future in the church!

The temple is such a refuge from the world and I felt the spirit so strongly there that day.

The Church is True.
Had a Restoration with a black Methodist lady named Allie. She is just searching for truth from anywhere, anything about Jesus Christ she wants. It was one of the best Restoration lessons and made me miss teaching in English! 

We started off and then were about to recite the First Vision when a knock comes on the door! I was on exchanges with Sister Lambright and she just looks at me and says, "of course! Really?" 

After the pizza man left we picked up right where we left off without delay and Sister Lambright recited the First Vision and I just couldn't help but smile... Take that Satan! At the end I invited her to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. I asked her if she would do so and she immediately said, "YES!" It was the most enthusiastic response I have heard yet. I am excited for the English Sisters to teach her. 

Miracles and Random Experiences
We tracted into this random family on Tuesday night and they invited us to eat! YAY! We had Caldo de Rez and it was SOOOO good! I'm going to miss this good Mexican food. 

We had interviews this week and talked to President Mortensen about whitewashing this area and having Elders come in to help our little group with priesthood duties. Hermana DeLaO and I feel really good about this decision and so we are working to prep the area for a switchoff. Which means we are soooo busy trying to get our area book detailed because these Elders are going to have to jump right into the work here!

We were at the Post Office and the worker looks at Hermana DeLaO and I and says, "You two gave me one of those Christmas cards." I couldn't remember her so I asked, "the He is the Gift card with the video?" And she responded, "Yes. I watched that video and loved it so much I decided to show my entire Sunday School Class I was teaching at Church!" I told her there were more like that she could show her class and gave her the link to mormonchannel.org. She was so excited! #plantingseeds

Matt Mills was ordained to the Melchezidek Priesthood yesterday. His parents who are strongly against the church came to ALL 3 hours of church as well! Hearts are being softened! He is such a great example to his family!

Also we had 3 less actives at church yesterday who haven't been to church in years! This Spanish group is opening the door to many miracles and conversions in the future! 

Oh and this next week I am giving a talk in Spanish! Wish me luck! :)

Love y'all! 

Sister Loo








Found this on my desk from Sister DeLaO... very funny
"This home is Catholic... We don't except Propaganda." #ohdear
We still knocked and they didn't answer, but we left a Family History card! 
Tracting in the Country

Picture from Consuelo Cortez.
Can you guess which one is me? #tamethefro

No comments:

Post a Comment