Monday, June 30, 2014

"I don't know about you... But I'm feeling 22!"

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! Sister Huber wanted to sing Taylor Swift's song 22, but then we both can't remember the words... that's missionary life for you!

A lot of short but memorable experiences this week...
  • Taught Kristin about family history work and she was immediately HOOKED... Her mom passed away 2 years ago and we were talking about being able to submit her name so that her mom could be baptized in the temple. We were also able to take Isaaclyn with us.
  • Watched a conference talk with Viet that President Monson gave. Before the lesson he was telling us that he might have to work another weekend because his boss asked him to work. He said he hadn't given a final answer and asked us what he should do. We told him it was his decision. After the talk the first words out of his mouth were, "I realized while watching this that I need to go to church. I'm going to call my boss tomorrow and let him know." It was awesome! I love the spirit!
  • Taught a new investigator who sadly is married and so the spanish elders will teach him now BUT we taught him the Restoration and afterwards he was soooo happy! He felt so good and was expressing to us how he felt and knew that he needed to go to our church. The spirit is our best friend! He has accepted to be baptized!
  • We were able to go to the temple with President and Sister Pingree! I will miss them so much and love the example that they always and will continue to set for me. While in the temple, I realized how much my family has grown and how excited I am to be able to be with everyone in heaven again! I want to be the best person I can be so that we can all be together forever! AND a session with just all missionaries=AMAZING + MINDBLOWN!
So... the question is... are you gonna walk or ride?

Had the most creative Restoration teaching Broc relating it to what he likes to do, longboarding...

The wheels= Jesus Christ and his apostles
The board = Jesus Christ teachings
The tools to put it all together = the Priesthood

When the Apostasy happened we needed someone to restore the Church but only if he had the proper tools. And so that is when Joseph Smith was called as a prophet and restored the church and another book of scripture known as the Book of Mormon. The new wheels = A prophet and the Book of Mormon. 

We can choose to ride the longboard to our destination and make it easier on ourselves, or we can choose to walk and hope to get there in time. 

Broc really enjoyed it and it was short, simple, and to the point! He has accepted to be baptized!

I love this gospel and the happiness I receive from living it and the confidence I have in knowing I am a daughter of God!

Love-


Sister Loo

The Restoration & Longboarding
With Sis. King at the Houston Temple
Houston Temple (photo cred = Sis King)
Sis Huber capturing the roach in our appartment
With Pres. & Sis. Pingree.  Going to miss them so much!
Sis. Heaps.  We are both staying here in Texas.
Helping Mike's brother paint his house with Isaaclyn.
Cupcakes!!!

Happy Birthday!!!
Happy birthday crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment