Monday, June 2, 2014

Another Christmas. So many blessings!

YSA Hugs

So you know you are a missionary when someone goes in for a hug and you just cringe and scrunch up! 

Being in a YSA ward, this seems to happen a lot. The guys just go in for the hug and I have been a missionary too long that my first and instant reaction without even thinking is to put my hands out and duck! NOOOO Hugs! haha

Exchanges

This last week I was able to go on exchanges with Sister Fullmer in the Silver Pines Ward and Sister Davis in the Bridgeland Ward. I always look forward to exchanges because miracles happen! And especially when you are with two great sisters who are consecrated missionaries. Things are bound to happen. 

We had so many miracles happen and just really followed the promptings of the spirit. There is always so many inspired lessons as a result of exchanges. 

With Sister Davis we had dinner with a less active, Amanda and her brother, Patrick. Little did we know he never sits down to eat with the missionaries but he did this time. We pulled out a scripture. A very simple and well known scripture. Alma 32:21 and had Amanda read it. It was the very scripture that was the deciding factor in her being baptized! Inspired! And as a result we invited her brother Patrick to take the lessons and answer his many questions. I am so excited to meet with him.

With Sister Fullmer we visited an investigator, Arash who grew up muslim and refused at their last meeting to not pray. And you know what! He prayed!!!! It was so great!

Investigator and Recent Convert Update

David- He is doing so great and we see such a great difference in him. He is just so happy and has enjoyed being able to be an example to his brother Joshua. We are hoping that he will follow his brother and be baptized soon!

Isaaclyn- Isaaclyn has such a strong testimony and understanding of the scriptures. She and her cousin KP are planning their own baptism. They called and told us all that is happening, who is baptizing & confirming them and giving the talks when we hadn't even told them about it yet! They are just so excited.

Oh and she is braiding my hair today and Sister Huber and I have a trip planned with her to Liberia to go on a Safari. Should be fun!

KP- KP smokes one cigarette a day and so we were a little concerned about him being ready for baptism. When we talked to him about it, he said "Don't worry. Don't worry. I've got the strength, anything for my baptism. I can do it." He received a priesthood blessing to help him. He has a really strong testimony of the Atonement and loves to continue learning. 

Apparently our Elders Quorum President asked him to give the prayer in Priesthood yesterday and he said the prayer! After a member was asking us if we had any baptisms coming up and we said KP and Isaaclyn, the one that said the prayer. And the member thought that KP was already a member! 

Sister Huber and I are so excited for their baptism! It's better than Christmas Day!

Have you gotten your VISA yet?

Seems to be the question everyone is asking these days... For an update. Still in Texas. No word on the Visa. I will definitely let everyone know if and when I get it. 

I was thinking about this question earlier this week. Why am I here in Texas? What is the purpose of me being here? What am I supposed to do and who am I supposed to talk to?

And as I was thinking about those questions afterwards I realized, being in Texas is all for me! I needed to be here! My testimony has grown so much stronger from the people I have been able to meet and the experiences I have been able to have and I don't think that I would have been able to have them in any other place, including Brazil. 

I have gained a testimony of scripture study and prayer from all these Bible lovers down here! It truly is wonderful to really "feast upon the words of Christ." I know that learning how to study the scriptures and really look into the meaning of why those words are written in my own language has truly been a blessing. I look back and realize I would have it no other way. I am and have been blessed to be here in Texas! :)

The Atonement

Yesterday we were able to go to a fireside by Sister Hoelscher with KP and a couple less actives and it was amazing! There are so many great things that she said but I will just include a couple of things I learned. 

"At baptism we didn't sign a contract or signed up on a dotted line, we entered the waters of baptism to seal our promise to Heavenly Father. At baptism we signed up to have the option of Christ to be in our lives."

"There is 100% NO difference between your baptism and the Sacrament."

"Our sins have never been simply just washed away, they have been transferred to Jesus Christ."

"Without the saving ordinances of the gospel our sins are transferred no where. We need Baptism!"

"We are used to being clean. What do we do after camping and we get home? We shower. What if our spirit only gets a shower each Sunday? With repentance he is giving us the opportunity to shower daily!"

She encouraged us to set a date for our re-baptism. I know that I've wished that I could be baptized again... and we can! We repent and partake of the sacrament! We make sure to feed our spirit and endure to the end.

And so I would encourage you to set a date for your re-baptism as well! Be truly converted and I know that the through the Atonement he is able to apply mercy and bridge the gap of our imperfections so that we can be perfected!

Love Y'all! 

Sister Loo

At the temple.
Soooo much rain!  It is so humid!
More bumper stickers.  This one is for you Toops!
At the fireside with Stacia.

No comments:

Post a Comment