Monday, January 26, 2015

Is it really that close? :) 1 More month to go!

Spanish Group
So what is going on with our group is that it will not be a branch but just a group that is under the English ward. A bishopric member will always preside at our meetings. There will be different talks and the sacrament will be administered in sacrament. It is the beginnings to hopefully make this group be a branch in the future and get the support to have primary, young women's, young men's, relief society, and priesthood in spanish. Right now we are aiming for sacrament and sunday school.

And so this week we were really excited to start the Spanish group but that came to a halt as we found out that it wasn't going to be started this week, they were just going to sustain someone to be our group leader yesterday. Well, during the sacrament meeting they didn't sustain a group leader just sustained starting a spanish group. So we are REALLY confused right now... we have no idea when this is going to happen. So please keep our group in your prayers! We really need this group to start.

The First Commandment
I have been blessed to be continually working hard and focused as about this time it is easy for missionaries to be ready to go home or "trunky" as we call it. But I have been thinking a lot about the experiences that I've had on my mission and the blessing it is to serve. 

We were teaching Natasha on Wednesday the 10 commandments and Amber came with us for her first member lesson! It was a lot of fun and we taught her all the hand signals to easily remember the commandments in order.

But the first commandment really struck me this time as we were teaching. Exodus 20:3 says, "Thou shalt have no other Gods before me."

That is our purpose here - TO LOVE GOD. All commandments under that are there to help us fulfill the first. If we just did the first, the rest of the commandments would be naturally obeyed. We talked with Natasha about this and she was like, "they are kinda like gateway drugs... gateway commandments." And as I thought about this, I thought that it was so true! Heavenly Father gave us other commandments than just one so that he can bless us and help us to continue to love him and put him first in our lives. 

I love Moroni 10:32 as well that as we "love God with all our might, mind, and strength" we can become perfected in him. 

And then I thought about my mission again and I found the PERFECT scripture to describe my mission in its entirety and all that I've learned. Its Matthew 22:37

"Jesus said unto him, thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might."

I love this gospel! Love y'all!

Hermana Loo
Hanging out at the Harris' today!
Took a jog around their lake and then a nap on the trampoline! :)

The elders have been teaching Krystin's mom for a LONG time
and she finally decided to get baptized!
It was one of the most powerful baptisms I've been too.
She bore such a sweet testimony at the end of the unity
and love she has felt from the ward and church.
Our new favorite El Salvadorian restaurant- panaderia y papusaria
Hermana DeLaO and I just crave going there!
We ate there two days in a row this last week it was sooooo good!
We may just become regulars in this little shop!
But we have been able to talk to so many people just in the two days that we have been there! :)
Walking around tracting and this cat had a bag stuck on its head... 
Talon's got baptized!
It was an awesome baptismal service as a lot of the young men were involved. 
Cutting Ken's hair with a pair of school scissors and my eyebrow scissors...
He only trusts me to do his hair and likes my haircuts!
Maybe I should become a hairdresser? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment