Monday, January 5, 2015

Little Miracles make a BIG difference!

Raining Miracles
This week we had so many mini miracles and found 9 new investigators! There's always a drought before the rain and we were so blessed this week! As I look back, what a great way to start the new year!

This week we have been really focusing our door approaches on Families and how the Book of Mormon can help bless their families. Each Spanish family has a story. They are hard-working, loving people who have made so many sacrifices to be here in this country and to provide a life for their future generations. 

As we have talked to each of them about how God has helped them through their trials, it has been a privilege to testify of the divinity of our Savior and the prophets who testify of Him in the Book of Mormon. I think that I have been repeating myself each week, but I have come to know a bit of the power that lies in just a tiny blue book. And I cannot wait to continue learning through the spirit as I read it and share it. 

Because of the power of the Book of Mormon, our mission president has made a change in the baptismal requirements for our mission. Now before getting baptized, the investigator needs to read the first 15 chapters of the Book of Mormon. Within the first 15 chapters, they learn of missionary work from the Tree of Life, the Plan of Salvation, and the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

We just received news from our stake president that he is hoping to start our Spanish Group here in Huntsville by January 25th. I know that this will help the work move at a bigger pace, and that many testimonies will be strengthened as a result of it. 

He is always there and He will always answer
This week we had Missionary Leadership Council with all the zone leaders and sister training leaders and WOW was it an answer to prayers! I felt like the whole meeting was meant for me and I was so grateful to my Heavenly Father for such a straightforward and prompt response. He does answer prayers and I know that he loves each and every one of us! 

As I was studying I came across this quote that I LOVE:

"Don't worry about your clumsily expressed feelings. Just talk to your Heavenly Father. He hears every prayer and answers it in his way." - Richard G Scott

Finding Success
Our mission is putting a focus on Finding from the hours of 6-8 each night. And even if we don't find anyone that day, we have seen so many miracles in so many other aspects of our missionary work. I know that this is inspired of the Lord. At first I was making excuses, "It's too dangerous." "I don't want to be tracting in a sketch trailer park." "It's dark!" "Its cold" yada yada yada... But I realized at our MLC meeting that it was inspired, we were going to be ok, and we would be blessed in finding many people that are ready. So we have been doing so, and what do you know, it's worked!

We were knocking a trailer park that has been knocked probably a good two times by each companionship that has been in the area... but we decided that we wanted to contact and all of our appointments for the day had fallen through. There was something we were supposed to do... we just didn't know what. So after contacting a man who insisted on giving us 4 slices of a ham that he just pulled out of the oven, I felt like we should knock on this one trailer.

A lady answered the door and she looked like she was half black, so I gave a door approach in English. She halfway closed the door and left... we waited there for a couple of minutes and didn't know if we should leave. We were about to when her son answered the door. I gave him a pass along card and said, "I don't know if your mom is interested but can you give her this card? And if she isn't, Hey you have a picture of Jesus Christ!" He left but didn't close the door all the way either.

So we waited another couple of minutes... when his dad comes from the end of the trailer. I start giving him an approach in English, and then I realize he only speaks Spanish. We start talking to him and he tells us that he is a member of our church! We couldn't believe it! He had been baptized with his family in Nicaragua but then fell inactive afterwards when his father passed away. He knew exactly where the church was and was telling us that he would drive past on Sundays and would tell his family that they were going to go inside the church one day but then was too scared because he didn't know anyone. 

Well we dropped by yesterday and starting talking to the first lady who answered the door who turns out to be his wife! She is interested in coming to church this next week and we are planning on teaching her! She is soooo funny! She is like a Hondurana version of Aunty Nica! She loves to dance and was just cracking us up with so many stories! We are so excited for the family and what a miracle to tract into a family who speaks Spanish! 

I love y'all! And in the words of my mission president from our MLC meeting ... "Think bigger, Be bigger... and love like Jesus Christ."


Hermana Loo

Its freezing in Houston
Hermana DeLaO y yo!
Tamales...

No comments:

Post a Comment