Monday, August 25, 2014

I Stand All Amazed at the Love Jesus Proffers Me

Gratitude
I just want to start off this week by expressing my gratitude to my Heavenly Father for the many blessings that he has given me. As I have been helping those around me deal with abuse, drugs, alcohol, and divorce I realize how blessed I am to have such a wonderful family. 

A family who supports me and who helps me to become the daughter of God that I need to be. That is why the gospel blesses families. As we strive to live the commandments and push each other to reach our full potential, he will bless us and help us through our trials. As we build upon our foundations together, we will be able to withstand the spiritual whirlwinds that Satan throws our way. That is why Helaman 5:12 has become one of my favorite scriptures. 

"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon therock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Baptisms for the Dead - Native American 
This week we were able to go to the temple and do baptisms for the dead with Kwaku for the first time. The temple president started with a mini devotional in the baptistry chapel and it was amazing! Everyone kept talking to him about serving a mission.

Then we went and sat waiting to do baptisms and Sister Huber and I were pondering our scriptures... all of a sudden we hear, Broken Arm. Sister Huber and I looked at eachother with confused faces like, "Are they being serious?" 

Well yes they were because next up were names like, Willie Big Head Man, Yellow Hair, Mister Sage Women, Red Hawk... We heard giggles from behind us and Kwaku couldn't help but crack a laugh and we couldn't help but laugh with him. But, after thinking about it I thought it was sooo cool! These were Native American names from tribes in Montana and South Dakota. The work is Hastening! Here on Earth and in the Spirit World. Everyone is being offered the opportunity to accept the gospel.

Atonement
At zone conference this week we received awesome training about the timeline of the Bible and the Book of Mormon. 

As we were discussing, I realized something about the Atonement that I haven't really thought about before. We were talking about how in the scriptures, God speaks 4 times. 

1. First Vision
2. Jesus Christ Baptism
3. When Jesus Christ appears to the people in the Americas in 3 Nephi 11
4. On the Mount of Transfiguration

These are the only times other than when Jesus Christ is speaking for Heavenly Father. As a result, through Christ we get to the Father. Because Jesus Christ ransomed us or "bought" us with his blood, we answer to Him. He is now our Judge. He is justice personified. 

I am so thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ and because of his sacrifice, we are able to communicate with Heavenly Father and once again return to live with him again.

Love y'all!


Sister Loo
Saying goodbye to some of our awesome Summer Fellowshippers


No comments:

Post a Comment