Tuesday, September 2, 2014

These are a Few of my Favorite Things!

Transfers
So... Earlier this week I was pretty sure that I was getting transferred but I wanted the confirmation from the Assistants. But, Saturday night I was freaking out about packing because I hate packing... so i just decided to start. Good thing I'm getting transferred because that would have been embarrassing. 

I'm really excited for a new area but sad to leave the wonderful people that I've met here. Working with YSA's has been amazing! They have such strong testimonies and a desire to do missionary work and fellowship! I'm also really sad to leave Sister Huber. She is such a great missionary and we have become really good friends.

Miguel the Communist
We were able to meet with our Investigator Miguel twice this week. Once on exchanges with Sister Fullmer and then yesterday. He is such a funny kid. Before we met, I gave sister Fullmer a heads up that he claims he is a "communist" but he more believes in equality and love in the world... more on the lines of Law of Consecration. But he doesn't know that term... yet. 

So when she met him she asked, "So Miguel, tell me about yourself!" And the first things out of his mouth... "I'm a communist." Oh dear...

I told him that I was going to most likely get transferred an he was so sad. He said such a thoughtful prayer at the end, and I was about to cry! 

He is so smart and really thinks and responds when we ask him questions. We were able to have a thoughtful discussion with him yesterday about prayer, faith, and enduring to the end. We had invited him before to pray about a baptismal date but he said he hadn't done so.

So sister Huber asked, "well can we pray right now and ask?" So he said once again another thoughtful prayer asking Heavenly Father when he would be ready to be baptized so he could by the proper authority. He gives such awesome prayers that are so thoughtful! The spirit was so strong! We set a date for him to be baptized on October 10th! 

Recent Convert Updates
We had a lesson with KP last night and he started the lesson asking us what we learned at church! He was the one teaching us! It was so awesome! He has such a strong testimony! I'm sad that he is too old to go on a mission, but he did attend mission prep last night! :)

Danielle is the Relief Society Secretary! 

Viet fed us dinner on Friday night. He is the sweetest! He is staying strong and standing tall as he defends his faith!

YSA moment
We had a lesson with a new investigator, Edward, who I met on exchanges when we invited him to join a lesson with Miguel... that didn't work out so well so we made an appointment with him later in the day.

Pretty sure the cup he was drinking from had beer in it... haha.

He was a talker but as I spoke about Joseph Smith his whole countenance changed and the spirit was so strong. He was completely engaged and loved the story. He even came to church yesterday!

At the end, he offered a prayer and said. "Heavenly Father thank you for sending me these two beautiful ladies..." #YSAwardprobs

Carefully Passing the Sacrament
Yesterday David passed the sacrament for the first time at church. It was so cute watching him because he was so careful holding the trey with both hands and walking really slow.

Thinking back on it now, what a great example he set for all of us. How careful he was with the bread and water that represents Christ's body and blood. The covenants we make at baptism and then renewed through the sacrament are sacred and need to be taken "carefully" each sunday as we remember our Savior's sacrifice for us.

Love y'all! 

Sister Loo




Golfing at Top Golf with Kevin, Frank, The Assistants, and the Sam Houston 1st Sisters! 
Texas Sunsets Part II 

No comments:

Post a Comment