Monday, August 18, 2014

YSA wards - the best wards!

Matchmaker, Matchmaker, Make me a Match
So the perks of being in a YSA ward is that you don't have to date or be in the dating drama, but you get to hear all about it. And you also get to make predictions on who in the ward would go really well with eachother. 

We have a member in our ward who just recently broke up with her boyfriend and has been so depressed. She asked if she could come out with us to teach and go to lessons. So... we called a guy in our ward who we thought she would go perfectly with... and ba-BAM! They are going on a date this week! Sister Huber and I should open up a dating consultancy! ;)

Bike Exchanges
Friday I went on exchanges with Sister Sheldon in the Wheatstone ward... on bike. To say it was Hot was an understatement. We went tracting and like 5 people asked us if we wanted water on one street... which never happens. We found out it was 105 degrees with I'm guessing 100% humidity. I don't even want to know what the heat index was at.

We were able to come up with some different finding ideas and taught 6 lessons to random people in their homes and in the Kroger grocery store parking lot. President Mortensen has been encouraging us to contact and invite 25 people every day to learn and so you become pretty creative in where and how to get those contacts each day... also very awkward sometimes but hey I'm a missionary!

We had dinner with a family and afterwards we shared a message with them by the pool! We put our feet in the water as the kids were swimming, don't exactly know if that was against the rules, but it was so nice to cool off!

And then back on the bike! We had a 45 minute bike ride home... needless to say I slept real good that night and woke up really sore the next morning!

Kwaku's Baptism
Kwaku was baptized Saturday and it was a really nice baptism. His friend, Mark came to support. We thought his family was going to come but Kwaku said his mom got a bit annoyed when he brought it up and she said she didn't want to come. He was a bit disappointed but was excited to be baptized.

He received a beautiful confirmation and ordination to the priesthood blessing. In it, it talked about receiving a patriarchal blessing and going on a mission! We got in contact with the Bishop in San Fransisco so that he will have some contact there and receive the new member lessons! He has such faith and strength especially in the Restoration of the Gospel and I hope that he can be a shining light and example to his friends here and in San Fransisco.

He also received his temple recommend and so we are going to the temple with him this Wednesday morning!

I love to see the temple
I am so thankful for the temple and the blessings that we can receive there. It truly is the way that we can strive to Endure to the End. We need the blessings of the temple and I especially love the spirit that is present! 

We were also able to go to the temple this last week with our recent converts to do baptisms. I was overwhelmed with the happiness I felt as each of them were sitting in the chapel, in their white jumpsuits, waiting to perform the ordinances for those who had passed away. They are all such wonderful and amazing examples to me! 


I love to see the temple.
I'm going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I'll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.


I love to see the temple.
I'll go inside someday.
I'll cov'nant with my Father;
I'll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I've learned this truth:
A fam'ly is forever.

Love y'all! 

Sister Loo
Temple with the ward and Viet for the first time! :)
Texas storms are the best!
FHE
Lesson at the temple with Kwaku
Fried pickles. 
The shack burger resort with Natasha! Reminded me of Portland  
The Hanna Banana =
1/2 lb of beef on a pretzel bun with sauteed bananas, banana chips,
deep fried onion strings, thai peanut butter sauce,
and spicy asian sauce.
With other stuff I can't even remember what all was on it.
It was an explosion of flavors!
More at the Shack!

Exchanges with Sister Sheldon 
Biking on the golf course!
Kwaku's baptism

Pillowcases from Julia! She is the sweetest!

No comments:

Post a Comment