Monday, March 31, 2014

How has God Blessed you? Well, He has blessed us with a living prophet on the Earth today!

Sunday = Funday

Best fast and testimony meeting ever. There are just some great perks to being in a Young Single Adult Ward.

Example #1: Guy stands up and is talking about how he was so grateful for his friend who helped him become more active in the ward, she would try to get him to come to Marriage Prep and he just looked at himself and said, "What are you talking about? I'm ready." The best part is he is 18, going on a mission, and real dorky.

Example #2: "I'm just visiting. I'm in high school. I just figured I would come to the single's ward because I heard there's so many beautiful women in Texas. I'm single, ready to mingle." Oh dear. You definitely ARE still in high school.

Example #3: Brother Schultz, the second counselor. Convert, very spiritual gets up after testimonies are over and says, "So I don't know how to say this but as a bishopric it needs to be said. So I'm going to do it in my best napolean dynamite impersonation."

*Looks to the left* "Napolean, When do you come to sacrament meeting on Sunday?"

*Looks to the right* (In Napolean accent) "Whenever I want! Gosh!"

He then procedes to ask for our sustaining vote if we can strive to get to church on time more. "Any opposed? GOSH!" And then sits down.

I could hardly contain myself. And then after church Bishop comes up to me and gives me a fist bump. Yes I think we have a pretty legit bishopric. They are the best!

Prophets are KEY

General Conference is coming up and I could not be any more excited! We have been talking to everyone about how God has blessed us with a living prophet on the earth today, Thomas S. Monson, and it has been amazing! So many miracles with people being open to learning more about our prophet which is then a good segway to talk about the priesthood, Joseph Smith, the First Vision, and the Book of Mormon.

Saturday we were tracting one bedroom apartments to see if we could find any YSA's. We were able to meet a girl named Miriam and asked if she would like to hear a message about our prophet. Immediately she responded "Yes!" So we stood there on her apartment doorstep as she is holding her 5 month old child (that was a bit of a bummer for us but oh well) and gave her the Restoration lesson. 

After reciting the First Vision to her- "I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me. When the light rested upon me saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!" 

I asked her what she thought about it. She replied, "Oh ya, I totally believe that. I've always wondered why we don't have a prophet today. Actually I have been meaning to look into the Mormon religion. My mom is a methodist minister and she looks into all religions. She takes bits and peices from Latter-Day Saints, Judaism, etc. so I've grown up knowing some of your principles. Where's your church at?" She is planning on coming to the White Oak Ward next sunday! We were sad that she wasn't a YSA but we felt that we were meant to be there and talk to her. Actually the apartment complex was really successful and so many people opened their doors to talk to us. We have a couple of potential YSA's that we are hoping to go back and talk to this week. 

General Conference

I cannot wait to watch general conference and listen to our prophet speak! What an exciting time! Last conference it was amazing to be in the MTC and the spirit that was present while watching conference. I think it was the first time that I really paid attention to the talks and the spirit there. It was also the first time that I came prepared with questions I wanted answered... and of course, they were answered!

I am looking forward to this weekend to once again prepare more questions. It could not have come in a better time because I really do feel like I need direction and guidance and help from heavenly father in some areas of my testimony that I want to improve upon.

Scriptures are TRUE

If you want some good reading, Dive into Moroni 7 and let me know what you have gotten out of it! :) Sister Walker and I have been studying this chapter for the past couple of weeks and our minds have been blown! 

The Church is true.

Love,


Sister Loo

Victoria...one of our favoirte and most hilarious members!!!


Walk in the park...

No comments:

Post a Comment