Monday, March 10, 2014

Gettin' Bruises on My Knees :)

LDSSA & the beast 

So this week there were some definite changes that needed to happen with LDSSA. We had a coordination meeting with our Ward Mission Leader and we realized that he adapts to the different missionaries that serve in this ward. With one he would have more fun, with another he would have to provide positive feedback each week. He would adapt to whatever the needs were of the missionaries to help the missionary work be fun! So he told me this last week that when he first saw me he thought, "Wow! This is a whole new beast." Hmm... Not quite sure if that's a good or a bad thing... but ok!

Samoan Power Exchange

This week I went on exchanges with Sister Tofa in my first family ward! It was the best! I have never talked to more older people since being on my mission! Most of the people they are teaching are over 60 which is a big difference then what I'm used to. I have to say I was a little nervous.

First, we had an amazing dinner, Korean hot pot with rice! I was in heaven, they even had kim chi. :)

And then earlier in the day we visited an older lady and her friend at a rehab and recovery center. This lady (Cindie) has MS and shares a room with a member (Tina). Tina talks to Cindie all the time about the gospel and the elders had come to visit her a couple days earlier to give them a blessing.

Cindie is amazing. She used to be a teacher and she really listens to understand what we were saying. I was talking to her about the difference between apostasy and dispensations and she stops me and says, "wait go back... I need you to say that again." So I explained and she says, "Ok. that makes sense. That's beautiful." She is so smart and so receptive to the spirit.

It was amazing because when we were talking about the priesthood power (the authority to act in God's name) we related it to the priesthood blessing she received from the Elder's. She absolutely loved it and understood more of the blessing of the priesthood. We talked to her about Joseph Smith and the first vision and asked her what she thought about it. "Well why not? Tell me why Joseph Smith wouldn't have saw God and Jesus Christ. I definitely believe that could happen." We introduced the Book of Mormon and read Moroni 10:4-5 and she thought it was beautiful. Since she can't read the small print in the Book of Mormon sister Tofa is going to get her the Book of Mormon on CD so she can listen to it.

At the end of the lesson she gave us the biggest compliment. She told us that she felt the same peacefulness that she felt when the Elder's were giving her the blessing. And then she said, "Wow! I can see how much you love what you are talking about. Your face just brightens up and you love what you have been talking to me about. I can feel that. I will definitely pray and ask Heavenly Father if what you have been talking to me about is true." Sister Tofa and I were in tears. The spirit was so strong. I can't wait for her to continue to learn about the gospel.

Quote of the Week

"Sow a thought reap a habit, sow a habit, reap action, sow an action reap character, sow a character reap eternal destiny."

Which correlates with Mosiah 4:30

"But this much I can tell you, that if ye do not watch yourselves, and your thoughts, and your words, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and continue in the faith of what ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord, even unto the end of your lives, ye must perish. And now, O man, remember, and perish not."

I love this gospel. Keep up the faith.

Love,


Sister Loo
We got a waffle maker!!!  Thank you Sister Walker's mom!
More Texans... God Bless Texas! 
With Sister Tofa... The sun needs to come back because I am
looking way too white! 
When all else fails...go to Bahama Bucks...
Shave ice and smoothies makes everything better...
Plus its free! (thanks to Bro. & Sis. Meier) 
First time at the Laundromat

No comments:

Post a Comment