Monday, December 30, 2013

Best Christmas Ever!!!

Merry Christmas!
Wow! This Christmas was the best because not only did I get to Skype my family but so many people's hearts in Houston were softened! The work really was progressing around this time and people were so open to having us share messages about Christ and his birth. Sister King and I watched the Joy to the World DVD Christmas Eve morning and started crying and laughing because we were so happy! This gospel has truly blessed my life and I am so grateful that I get 2 Christmas' on my mission. I was so blessed to study more on Christ's birth.

I was reading in Jesus the Christ about the wisemen and the shepherds. When the angels appeared to the shepherds in the field telling them of Christ's birth they knew that he was the Son of God and immediately left to seek him. These poor and humble shepherds had such faith and such a strong testimony of Heavenly Father and his plan. But because Heavenly Father knew that some people would not believe the shepherds, he sent wise men to also testify of Christ's birth. Which left me to wonder, Would I have been faithful and humble enough to believe the shepherds? Or would I have needed the second witnesses of the wise men?

YouTube your Religion
Sister King and I were driving when we saw some YSA's working on some bikes in their garage. So trying not to be too creepy we parked the car up the road. We got out and walked to their house and started a conversation with them. One of them started talking to us about anti-mormon things he had seen on the Internet. We calmly dismissed all the facts that he was throwing at us and testified of Christ and that we knew our church was true. After he realized that we would not give up on him he states, "You should really look up your religion on Youtube." That's the point when we told them to have a good day and left. We couldn't help but chuckle... because YouTube is such a trusted resource (sarcastic)! 

"YES! You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this."
Yesterday we got a referral from Elders to teach a YSA. Her name is Ashley and she has been going to church for about 8 months in Japan with her boyfriend's family who are members. She went away to school in Arkansas and felt like something was missing in her life. She just recently moved to Texas and decided that it was the church that was missing and wanted to go to church again.

We taught her the Restoration yesterday and had two members present. At the end we asked each of them to share when they gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. The spirit was so strong and my heart was beating out of my chest. Ashley loved their testimonies and started sharing her own testimony! It was so powerful and she started to cry and said she was so happy and she knew this is where she was supposed to be. That this was the right thing for her and she missed feeling the spirit in her life. 

Sister King and I had prayed before the lesson about extending a baptismal commitment and we felt that she was ready to be baptized on January 11th. At the end Sister King asked her if she wanted to be baptized on January 11th and her mouth dropped open! She was so excited and exclaimed, "YES!!! You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this." She was soooo excited and couldn't stop smiling from ear to ear! Oh I was so happy for her! She is going to be a great member of our church! :)

Blessed Week
This has been a great week! Sister King and I gave talks in sacrament meeting on missionary work and we sang I Feel My Savior's Love with the Elders. There was a great spirit in the meeting. 

Since a lot of people were away for Christmas break we were unable to meet with a lot of our Investigators. But Max came to church yesterday and loved it! Frank is continuing to pray about whether he should be baptized or not and we are working with Ashley to prepare her for baptism.

Love ya'll!

Sister Loo

With Jennifer who we recently re-activated and her adopted son.
Members of our YSA ward.
Footsie pajama fun with Alissha!
Alissha, one of our wonderful ward missionaries.
P-day white elephant gift...we took it for a spin!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment