Monday, December 1, 2014

Hope you had a Happy Turkey Day!

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am so grateful for the wonderful opportunity to serve a mission and I am so thankful for all the support from my family and friends. I wouldn't and couldn't do this without you! The testimonies you have shared with me have strengthened mine! I am truly blessed! :) 

I am especially grateful for the knowledge of the gospel and the influence of the spirit to testify of truth! I know Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us! He has provided a Savior for us to be able to return to live with him again. We are blessed to have the scriptures and a living prophet today. Now if that doesn't show you that he loves us, I don't know what else will!

The Spirit Guides or Binds
This week we were walking on the Sam Houston State University Campus after going to a piano recital for a member in the YSA branch and we stopped to talk to a girl and invite her to learn. I asked her if she was religious and she told us that she used to be until something really bad happened. I was filled with the spirit as I didn't really know what to say. So I just opened my mouth and started testifying of the Savior and Heavenly Father's love for us. I know that the spirit was guiding my words and I felt him confirm to me the same thing. Jesus Christ is the only one that knows what we are going through AND he loves us soooo much! We can turn to him during times of trial and strife. 

Then we were on campus again for an event. We went to talk to some guys and invite them to Journey Through Bethlehem. They asked if we were going to be there and we said yes. And he responds, "Well then we will DEFINITELY be there..." And i thought in my head, oh dear. In your dreams... Thank goodness that time it didn't come out of my mouth. :)

The Spirit Feels... Heart Glowing
So I don't know if I wrote about this earlier in my blog, but I was able to attend the baptism of Miguel from my last area this week. He asked me to speak about the Holy Ghost at his baptism. 

In one of our first lessons I asked him what the spirit felt like to him, and he said, "It feels Heart-glowing." I loved that description. It can be so hard to describe the spirit sometimes, but I loved the imagery to his response.

So I talked about the spirit being heart glowing and related it to a question Grandma Loo sent to me earlier, "When have you known that the gospel was written upon your heart?" 

I shared two scriptures that I absolutely love in relation to this. 

2 Nephi 16:10 - As you understand with your heart you are converted. You come to feel of the power of the Holy Ghost. 

"Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes—lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and be converted and be healed."

The spirit testifies of truth. It testifies of Christ. As we remember the gospel written upon our hearts we will be changed. The spirit will continue to testify to us.

Mosiah 5:12- 

"I say unto you, I would that ye should remember to retain the name written always in your hearts..."

So, When have you known that the gospel was written upon your heart? When have you had those "heart glowing" moments?

Love y'all! 


Hermana Loo

Ok... So I totally left out some awesome deets and miracles.

There is so much potential for Spanish here and building a spanish branch in Huntsville that we are going fully Spanish! I am so excited! We have been speaking a lot of spanish lately.

Also this week we went to go and check up on a potential investigator family, the Amanzas. They had family in town for the Thanksgiving weekend and so they weren't able to talk with us. We were able to give all of their cousins pictures of Jesus Christ with our phone number and the address and time of church. One of the girls, Jasmine was so excited and wanted to come sooo bad! Well, on Sunday Jasmine and her Grandma walk in the front doors! She had dragged her grandma to church because she wanted to come! It was the cutest thing. I sat next to her during sacrament meeting and sang songs with her and got to explain what the sacrament was to her. It was such a tender experience. Jasmine is just 7 years old... The power of little children is amazing!

Slap Yo Mama seasoning...delicious! 
Random Hog in someones yard on Thanksgiving... He got away this year! 
With Matt at the Missions President Fireside 

With Brother and Sister Harris
Houston Temple!

Goodbye's to Sister King. Love her!

On campus...
The random pin-head in Trinity...
Zone meeting
Look closely... BEWARE OF PITS... The joys of tracting trailers. 
Miguel Contreras Baptism 
Got to see Danielle again! 

Saying Goodbye to Sister Huber. Love her! 
Some random bales of hay on the side of the road :) 





Playing in the leaves... Miguel Cortez

The Aguilar Family came to Church! We were so excited when they walked into the chapel! :) 
Hermana Hoj is getting transferred tomorrow :( I am going to miss her a ton!

We taught the Cepeda kids the Plan of Salvation
and had them draw it out as we talked about it!
They loved it and learned so much! 


The bell at the Texas Prison Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment