Wednesday, February 19, 2014

In Texas for the singles!...

SAY WHAT?...
So sister King and I were on our way to transfer meeting... I was so anxious and nervous to figure out where I was going and who my new companion would be. We were talking about how weird it would be for me to be in a family ward and the difference between a YSA ward and a family ward. Sister King was giving me advice on what to do as I haven't been in a family ward on my mission.

We get to transfer meeting and look at the sheet to see where I was going. I was looking at all the family wards and could not find my name! All of a sudden I just hear Sister King, "You're in the Sam Houston 2nd YSA ward!" 

What? Another YSA ward! I didn't know what to think. I had been preparing myself for a family ward so it took me by surprise! I went up to the Assistants and all they did was chuckle... Very Funny Elder Frandsen and Elder Wilstead... very funny. 

After the initial shock I was so excited because I love YSA wards. It's my comfort zone! I guess I'm here for the singles!

Sister Walker & the new Ward!
I love my companion. I actually went on exchanges with her for a day a couple of weeks before! Her name is Sister Walker and she has been out the same amount of time that I have been! She is from Billings, Montana and is 4'11". She is the sweetest thing and I look forward to our wonderful adventures together!

It was so hard to say goodbye to my first ward on my mission. They have become my family but I know that I am supposed to be here in the Sam Houston 2nd Ward. I have made so many wonderful friendships and I am so excited to come back and visit in the future!

I am excited for this new area- Sam Houston 2nd YSA. It covers Cypress and Katy, Texas. I probably have been in more places in texas than any other missionary here because of how big the singles wards area is! 

There is about 4x less people in this ward than Sam Houston 1st Ward. Actually I would more call it a branch than a ward. About 35-45 people come to church each Sunday, which is definitely different than what I am used to. President wanted me to go here to apply some of the same things Sister King and I were doing in our YSA ward, but to be honest I'm not sure if those things will work in this ward. The ward is a LOT smaller and the people in it are a lot older and in their careers.

I am doing a lot of praying and brainstorming to receive inspiration on how I can best help this ward. I know that some of the things in the other ward will be helpful but I will need to put my "event planning" skills to good use for different activities!

FAITH
This week I learned a lot about faith and I realized that everything stems from faith! I was reading in the bible dictionary and in the scriptures and I came to the conclusion that FAITH= CONFIDENCE. Its plain and simple and I love it! If we have faith, we have confidence in ourselves and Heavenly Father's plan for us. Ultimately, we have full confidence in the truth the gospel provides. So keep up the Faith! Keep up the Confidence!

I love ya'll!

Sister Loo

...oh, and one more thing...

Beyonce
Oh and apparently Beyonce has a house in the Woodlands, TX which is part of the area that I was just in. Wish I would have known that earlier... Well maybe its a good thing I didn't because I would've been doing some major stocking to see if I could get some pics with her. hehe. Heavenly Father knew I didn't need to know that info until now. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment