Monday, February 10, 2014

Emotions...

So lots of news to write about:

1. I am getting transferred to a new area :( I will find out tomorrow morning where I am going to go. It is going to be a sad day for sure though! I am going to miss Sister King so much! She is such a great friend and I am going to miss all of our crazy times together and all of our spiritual moments. She is such a great missionary and will continue to bless this area. I am also going to miss all the great friends that I have met here.

2. Erick stopped smoking! He texted us on Thursday night and said that he woke up and decided to stop smoking COMPLETELY! Wow!

3. Frank is getting baptized! He came to church and then last night we met with him at a members house. It was such a great lesson and my bold side came out at the end when I committed him to baptism. I said, "FRANK! Stop being a chicken and get baptized!" So he is! I guess the MTC is right when they say, Teach PEOPLE Not LESSONS.

He said that he has received an answer to his prayer that he should get baptized. He just wanted his testimony to be stronger so that when he bore his testimony it would make us cry. That was his goal, to make us cry. :) Oh gosh I am going to miss him so much! He is like a little brother to me. 
He is most likely going to get baptized in April because he wants his friend Erin to be there who is attending BYU right now, but I am so happy for him!

4. We got to attend the temple this week and WOW! is all I can say! What a great experience it was and the spirit there was so strong!

5. We went to Downtown Houston with the Elders and it was such a blast. We rode the train down, kind of similar to the MAX. When we arrived downtown we saw a homeless person getting arrested for talking smack to a cop. (That already made the Houston experience worth it). We ended up just walking around and eating some good food. We ate at an Indian/Italian Pizza Shop. It definitely had Portland's stamp of approval! So good and unique!

It was fun to be all together. 7 missionaries walking down the street. Sister King and I in the middle with Elders on both sides of us. I really felt like a disciple of Christ and made me think about what it would have been like to walk the streets with Jesus. Instead we were walking Downtown Houston, talking to people, passing out pass along cards, and contacting. 

6. Zone meeting this week was incredible.
First, I gave the opening prayer in sign language and it was so cool!

Second, We talked about Light vs. Dark and I learned so much! I want to share a thought that I received during the meeting. We were talking about how when we are in a dark room that our eyes adjust and we become comfortable. Even if the door opens and some light spills in it can be hard for us to get out of the dark. Our job, not only as missionaries but as members of the church, is to open the door so that those around us in darkness can see the light, can remember the clarity and the beauty that truth, knowledge and love can bring us. This light can only come through the gospel.

For those who may be in the light, we need to always be pushing ourselves to higher degrees of light. Don't be content with a lower light in your life. Keep pushing to a higher brightness. Don't let your eyes adjust, its good to always be squinting. :)

I love this gospel! I'm excited for the new adventure ahead!

Love,


Sister Loo

We Love BOBA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment