Monday, July 28, 2014

Team #LooHuber

Anxiety & Excitement over Transfers
So... Transfers were yesterday. I wasn't feeling like I was going anywhere until about early afternoon I FOR SURE thought I was going to be transferred... and to a family ward. When we got the call that Sister Huber and I were both staying, we both screamed for joy! And then I proceded to jump up and down on my bed like a little kid. Maybe a little too dramatic? yes. But I AM SO EXCITED TO STAY IN Sam Houston 2nd YSA... and also so excited I don't have to pack. :)


Retirement of the Braids

I took out my braids this week and I felt like I lost 10 pounds! There was SO much hair! Sister Huber was a trooper and helped me out. #compunity to the extreme! 

Viet is Baptized!
Viet was baptized this last week! He was SO nervous! He didn't sleep for the two days leading up to it! KP was able to baptize him which was a really good experience for them both. Because he is so tall he had to be baptized twice.

We went over to KP's house to go over the baptismal prayer. We read it to him once and he had it memorized already! He is so awesome! He was reciting it to us...

"Viet Ai Bui. Break. (Which more sounds like Brick in his African accent) Having been commission of Jesus Christ. Break. I bAPhtize you... break."

 It was so funny, but so cute at the same time. He didn't even have to look at the cheat sheet in the font!

"Welcome to Allyria... Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome to Allyria!"
We met with a new investigator Aieliaria (pronounced Allyria like on She's the Man) this week. She has been coming with her friend Marcus Castro to church and was so excited to meet with us! 

We taught her the Restoration and then asked her what it would mean to her if she received an answer if the Book of Mormon was true. She paused and then started crying and said. "So much. I just have felt so lost. I've been looking and this would mean the world." It was such a tender moment. I think all in the room, even Marcus, had tears in our eyes as we expressed to her that she has found the truth. She is not lost anymore. She can find the answers.

She texted us the next day and told us that she had been reading and loves it! We are trying to persuade her and Marcus to come to the YSA ward because they currently go to the family ward. I really want to teach her and so we hope she comes! Her and Danielle would get along perfectly! :)

If you are looking for answers. Open the Book of Mormon. The truth is there just waiting for us to act and read! No one needs to be lost! Share your testimony and find those honest seekers of truth who are waiting to receive answers and be led out of the dark!

The Book of Mormon = truth!


Now just read it! :)

Temple! 
Taking out the Braids (or dreads)... :( 
Matching shoes with Danielle!
The guys! They are all so close and have been such great missionaries in our ward!
We are going to miss them all when they go back to BYU!
With KP and Viet


Practicing before the baptism
Taking pictures with members because I thought I was leaving...
Amanda (fellowshipper of Matthew and mastermind behind the Articles of Faith)

Laura Tait and James Thornock our Ward Mission Leader



No comments:

Post a Comment