Monday, May 12, 2014

A Week of Prayer!

Minha Companeirha

I have a new companion, Sister Huber! She actually trained Sister Walker and I have been on an exchange with her before too! She came with me the first time we went to visit the people on LoneStar Campus at the Christian group. 

She is from American Fork, Utah and is 20 years old. She has never been in a YSA ward before and so it is very different for her but she is adjusting so well. I am so excited to work with her and know that she will be great for this area. We already teach really well together and are contacting people to learn more about the gospel like crazy!

Trials before Baptism- Alfreda

We have only taught Alfreda once before and asked her if she would be baptized. She was a little hesitant but told us that if all the pieces to the puzzle fit together and she knew it was true that she would be baptized. 

On Monday (Sister Walker's last day in the area), Alfreda called us and asked when the next date to be baptized would be. We told her May 31st and she said, "Ok. When can we meet this next week?"

So Tuesday Sister Huber and I went over to teach the Plan of Salvation. Before it even started Alfreda expressed that she will be at church on Sunday and is ready to be baptized! She expressed concern because she knows that her family will probably be against it and not happy, but she knows it will happen and she wants the strength to persevere through it. She was so excited! She said, "I am just so excited. I don't know where all this excitement is coming from... but I am SO excited!"

Well, we had set up a ride for her to come to church and Alfreda was ready to go. We got a text from her on Sunday morning telling us that she wouldn't be able to go. Her family had already left for church and she had an argument with her father before leaving and he told her that she couldn't go to church. So he purposefully took all the keys out of the house so that Alfreda couldn't leave because she wouldn't be able to lock the house. 

We prayed with her and asked her if she had the faith that Heavenly Father would keep her house safe while she went for an hour of church. Unfortunately, she was unable to come. :( So please keep Alfreda in your prayers, she has the desire to be baptized and her family is what is holding her back from receiving the blessings of baptism. I know that she is prepared and waiting! Give her the strength!

The First Prayer

We taught Viet and invited him to pray at the end of the lesson. Usually Viet doesn't like to pray and doesn't read. He always asks us to. But this time he read from the Book of Mormon AND prayed at the end! 

It was his first time praying... And it was the sweetest prayer. He started off with "Dear Heavenly Father. Thank you for letting me have the GREATEST teachers ever. This is the first time I'm praying so I hope I don't do anything wrong." I couldn't help but smile the entire prayer.

Another reason why missionary work is so awesome! I have heard so many sincere first prayers!

Welcome to YSA Wards

Yesterday we were invited to a BBQ with some of the Summer Sales Alarm guys. They have brought two of their nonmember roommates to church already so we are going to start teaching them! 

So we showed up and our dinner consisted of water AND... wait for it... MEAT. Water and meat. That's it. I just looked to Sister Huber and said, "Welcome to singles ward!" She came from the Woodlands with elaborate organic meals to singles ward. It was pretty funny.

Lots and Lots and Lots of Prayers this week please.

Lauren- That she will keep the motivation and happiness to continue reading the Book of Mormon

Alfreda- See above

David- David wants to get baptized but doesn't feel ready yet. He is going through some family issues as well so keep him in your prayers.

We weren't able to meet with many investigators this week due to Finals so please pray to help us get in contact with all of our wonderful new investigators!

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers and women in my life! I just want to express my love for my mother and her wonderful example and testimony. I am so thankful for her desire to serve a mission and know that as a result of her strengthening her testimony, she has been able to influence and strengthen my testimony. I am so grateful for her support and happy to call her my mother! She is the greatest!

Love y'all!

Sister Loo

P.S. Also... Frank is going to the temple to do baptisms tomorrow! So excited for him! He LOVES the temple.



My new companion Sister Huber! 
Flying kites on P-day...
Happy Cinco de Mayo...
...and celebrated this week with Bahama Buck's of course! 
Caught up with Elder Frandsen at transfers. 
Going to miss Sister Walker, but know that she will do great in her new area.
Pray that she won't get sunburned on her bike! 
Biggest bug I've seen out here yet...stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment