Monday, April 21, 2014

HE is Risen!

The Godhead and Gloves

We taught David about the Godhead and how he gain a relationship with Heavenly Father through prayer. I did a visual during the lesson in which I explained how Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have bodies and how the Holy Ghost does not. We showed this by having our hand be our spirits and then I put on a glove representing our spirit and how Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and us have both body and spirit. And of course the Holy Ghost is just a spirit... So the Holy Ghost is like a glove-less hand. We invited David to be baptized and he said yes! He is planning on being baptized on May 10th!

Temple

After service at the temple we walked around with Adam and David. We talked about the spirit on the grounds and how the temple is a place where we get married and make more promises with Heavenly Father. How it is such a blessing to have a temple nearby. David loved the temple. 

Afterwards we sat down and said a prayer as a group... immediately afterwards a member of our ward interrupted loudly when we were planning on having quiet time to say individual prayers. Well that interrupted the spirit but we kept going and then a huge swarm of bugs came by us and everyone was swatting at the bugs.... another interruption of the spirit. Satan was really trying his hardest on us even as we were on the temple grounds but we pushed through and kept praying. I know that Satan was trying his hardest because the spirit that David and Adam felt there was amazing and they love the temple!

He is Risen

If you haven't had the chance go to easter.mormon.org and read and watch the videos.

I have really enjoyed reading about our Savior this past week, his sacrifice, crucifixion, and resurrection. I know that He lives! I know that he loves us! It has been a wonderful opportunity to invite people to come to church and learn more about the Book of Mormon. 

"Did you know that after Christ was resurrected he visited the people here in the Americas? He appeared to them, let them feel the prints in his hands & feet, blessed the children, and continued to teach them. There are more wonderful blessings and teachings that we are able to use in the Book of Mormon as a companion to the Bible."

Sister Walker and I have been sharing a mormon message 
(http://www.mormonchannel.org/easter-videos?v=911129090001)  with our members that is really powerful and I have come to a better understanding of how much Christ truly does love us. That even after he asked Heavenly Father to "remove this cup from me" he continued forward. He saw each of us and thought to himself "She/He is Worth it." It is so powerful to think that even through all that pain, he pushed through, and completed the Atonement because I, me who is imperfect, "is worth it". It helps me understand my divine role and my relationship with the Savior has become stronger. I know that Christ is my best friend, my brother, but most importantly He is my Redeemer!

As quoted from my favorite song, 

"He lives to grant me rich supply.
He lives to guide me with his eye.
He lives to comfort me when faint.
He lives to hear my soul's complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart.
He lives all blessings to impart.
He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:

"I know that my Redeemer lives!"

Love Y'all!, Sister Loo

Volunteering at the temple.
(Photo Cred: Kevin Wideman)
Ran into Sis. King at temple volunteering.
David and Adam's first time at the temple.
We are hoping to get Adam back to the temple soon 
Whats wrong with this picture?...
Sis. Walker forgot shoes for after our service project,
so she had to wear my Converse to lunch...
...which are about 4 sizes to big for her!
#ohsisterwalker :)
As a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings...
...happy Easter 
Got caught in a rainstorm on the way back to our apartment.
Out tracting and said a prayer with a guy on his front door-step.
He then insisted that we take the rest of his pizza...
...don't worry mom, we didn't eat it. 
First exchanges with the White Oak Sisters.
And the first time being in a trio companionship.
And the gold medal winners are...My team of course!
Wednesday we had interviews with President, and Sis. Pingree
did an activity with the missionaries.  Well..., needless to say...
I haven't been competitive in a while and so I was getting pretty fired up to win.
...And we did...Congratulations team!!!
How do you like my outfit?...
I love holiday socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment