Monday, November 4, 2013

Don't Listen to Satan! Stay Strong!

This week... Can I just tell you how much Satan sucks! As soon as the people we talk to make progress, he just has to bring them right back down. It is increasingly making me more and more patient. I remind myself of a quote from President Uchtdorf April 2013 General Conference, "Satan would rather that you define yourself by your sins instead of your divine potential... Don't listen to him!" He also adds, "When God works through us, no one and nothing can stand against us." So that's my motto for the week...

-Rebecca went back to her Mom's house although we have no form of contacting her. Before she left we were trying to get a phone number or address from her and she wouldn't give it to us. So we are doing some investigating work to try and find out where she is.

-Julie is not responding to our texts so we are trying not to be too "annoying" but loving her at the same time. I am praying and praying so hard that she will be interested and realize what she felt at church the first time. I'm really surprised that she hasn't shown much interest in the past week because of how excited she was to learn the gospel the first time we met with her. 

-We are working with a less active named Stephanie. She has Asperger’s syndrome and a lot of other problems so she has a really hard time expressing herself and stutters when she speaks. This last week she finally opened up to us and shared how she is suicidal, doesn't want a relationship with her family, and feels like there is no point in praying.  One of the miracles that happened with her is that when she was opening up to us she didn't stutter at all when she was talking about how she felt. I know that Heavenly Father was helping her to express her feelings to us so that the spirit could be with us and we could be directed in what to say and help her. We started off with having her smile at least 5 times a day. We are working slowly but surely with her. I can feel of Heavenly Father's love for her every time we go and visit her.

I got to give a lesson in Portuguese this week! It was a great experience and the lady is a non member from Sao Paulo. Another Brazil Visa Elder set up the appointment and so I think she thought that she was just going to help us with Portuguese but we slipped in a Book of Mormon commitment at the end. :)

We were talking with a cashier at Ace Hardware about our activities and she responds... "Oh so you're cool Mormons." Made our day. Those are the little moments on a mission that make us laugh and we are thankful for. 

I am increasingly more and more grateful for the blessings in my life. I am grateful especially for this gospel and the importance of families. The gospel provides standards and principles that are essential in life to be successful spiritually and physically. I have noticed how kids who are brought up and taught the gospel are much more successful and know what they want to do later on in life. I am thankful for a family who have given me that opportunity to learn and grow and have helped me to become the person I am today. 

As president Monson said in the April 2013 General Conference about the support of families, "Their labors will sustain you, their faith encourage you, their prayers uphold you. A mission is a family affair. Though the expanse of continents or oceans may separate, hearts are as one."

I love you! Te Amo Muito!

Love,


Sister Loo

My first time riding a bike on the mission - during exchanges.
Had to wear this dorky helmet that was too small for my big head! haha. 
Another rain storm.  The puddles in the parking
lot were huge! 
Traveling $2 bookmark grandpa, decided to give us a box
of Twinkies this week! :)
Texans love Halloween! I have never seen more yard decorations
here than anywhere else.
Sister King and I on Sunday, before church.

No comments:

Post a Comment